We know of religious dogma, but is there dogma also in science? Rather than discoursing about the topic, we’ll share a banned TED Talk by Rupert Sheldrake (click on image below) where he approaches this topic.
You can draw your own conclusions.
According to Sheldrake, the 10 Dogmas of Science are:
- Everything is mechanical; only mechanistic explanations will do.
- Matter is unconscious / inanimate.
- The matter and energy of the universe is constant, and has remained constant since the Big Bang.
- The laws of nature are fixed.
- Nature is without inherent purpose, and evolution has no goal.
- Biological inheritance is a purely material process.
- Minds are located within heads, and are nothing but the activities of brains.
- Memories are stored in the brain, and are wiped out at death.
- Telepathy and other psychic phenomena are illusory.
- Mechanistic medicine is the only kind that works.